Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Prices


Right, so my sister just bought me a second-hand Korg Electribe EA-1 MKII from gear_maestro/ on eBay for $200 US. Perhaps I over-paid, but I wasn’t going to ask my sister to get into a bidding war, so I went for a “buy it now” from a reputable dealer (100% Positive feedback). It will be 7 – 8 months before I actually get to play with it, but it is on its way.

Now, let us do some comparative shopping. Oh look, you can find a MKII here in Istanbul, for €300 + tax. A quick search, however, reveals that the MKII originally retailed for £200.00, or €237.596. We need to also consider that the MKII has been discontinued. In fact, Korg has released not one, but two subsequent models since the MKII, but never mind, they are still charging more than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price for six year old + piece of gear.

Now, let us do some math:

$200 US is about 300TL (Turkish Lira)
€300 equals 587 TL + tax comes to 694TL
Even their “Havale ile” (bank transfer) price is 611TL
Twice the price. Lovely.

Peace
TJ

Listen with headphones:



And because I found it:


No comments: